NUVO magazine is Canada’s authority on all things exceptional—a combination of style and purpose, we feature and profile people, places, and possessions. We share our readers’ sensibilities in travel, food and wine, fashion, art, design, jewellery, architecture, horology, and automotive.
Founder & Publisher
Assistant Digital Editor
Joshua David Stein
Director of Sales, Marketing, & Distribution
Business Development Coordinator
At present, there are no team opportunities at NUVO. Follow us on LinkedIn for updates.
NUVO is the recognized leader in the prestige media marketplace and has been awarded both editorial and printing honours. NUVO’s most recent honours are listed below.
Folio: Eddie Awards
2019 Honorable Mention for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine, Fashion & Beauty for “Sport Mode” from the Spring 2019 issue.
2015 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
2014 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
Folio: Ozzie Awards
2018 Honorable Mention for Best Cover Design for Summer 2017 cover featuring Christina Ricci.
2017 Honorable Mention for Best Use of Photography for “Hunger for Gold” from the winter 2016 issue.
2008 Bronze Ozzie for Best Cover Design for the spring 2008 cover featuring Sandra Oh.
Digital Publishing Awards
Nominated for Best Personal Essay for “Family Circus” from NUVOmagazine.com, 2016.
Toronto Gallery of Superb Printing Awards
Gold Award for Superb Craftsmanship category for the winter 2015 issue.
P&G Beauty and Grooming Award
Finalist for Best Magazine Cover for the summer 2012 cover featuring Elijah Wood. Finalist for Best Art Direction.
Printing Industries of America’s Premier Print Awards
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the spring 2012 issue.
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the summer, autumn, and winter 2011 issues.
National Magazine Awards
Nominated for Best Still-Life Photography for “Neoteric” from the winter 2013 issue.
Nominated for Best Fashion Editorial for “Lucid Dreams” from the autumn 2013 issue.
Silver Award Winner for Best Still-Life Photography for “Propped” from the winter 2011 issue.
Western Magazine Awards
Finalist for Best Photographic Feature or Series for “Mirror Mirror” from the spring 2011 issue.
The Benny Award
Best Printed Magazine in North America.
Since its inception, NUVO has been committed to producing a high-quality magazine, in content and production. As an innovator in the magazine industry, environmental sustainability and active social participation are core values that NUVO upholds.
NUVO is committed to working with our printing partner, Colour Innovations, to remove virtually all aspects of environmental concern from the printing process and develop a system that is at the forefront of sustainable obligations. This includes:
- Producing NUVO through an Ecologo ECP-58-94 Terrachoice Certified Printer (federal government standard) that is also Rainforest SmartWood Chain-of-Custody certified.
- Printing NUVO with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper products.
- Reducing pre-press waste (film and attendant chemicals) by using our printer’s CTP (Computer To Plate) System.
- Utilizing alcohol-free presses with an environmentally friendly alcohol substitute and etch material.
- Recycling blanket wash fluid and re-using 75% of this liquid, with the remainder recycled commercially.
- Recycling NUVO’s waste ink, paper materials and printing plates.
NUVO consistently strives to improve and promote socially and environmentally responsible initiatives.
- Annually, our in-office recycle program diverts approximately 54 cubic yards of materials from a landfill back into usage—the equivalent of 19,000 litres of water, 46 trees, or 11,000 kilowatts of electricity.
- NUVO has incorporated Mohawk Options paper for use in the corporate office. Mohawk Options is 100% FSC-certified paper and manufactured with renewable, non-polluting, wind-generated electricity.