NUVO magazine is Canada’s authority on all things exceptional—a combination of style and purpose, we feature and profile people, places, and possessions. We share our readers’ sensibilities in travel, food and wine, fashion, art, design, jewellery, architecture, horology, and automotive.
Founder & Publisher
Assistant Digital Editor
Joshua David Stein
Director of Sales, Marketing, & Distribution
Distribution & Office Assistant
NUVO Magazine is looking for a full-time social media editor to join the editorial team. The social media editor will work closely with the editorial team to create engaging social media content that complements and supplements the NUVO print and digital editorial calendars. The ideal candidate will have a passion for visual and textual storytelling as well as a deep understanding of up-to-date social media best practices, with an emphasis on Instagram, Facebook, Flipboard, Pinterest, and Twitter, as well as a knowledge of paid social media ad campaigns and influencer marketing. The social media editor will engage in campaigns that present NUVO stories to a wide, global audience and therefore must have a high proficiency in the English language. The candidate will also be expected to write stories for both the print and digital publications as well as commission multimedia content for the website and social channels. An understanding of NUVO’s tone, style, and aesthetic is essential.
This is a paid full-time position that will be remote until it is safe to resume work at our Vancouver offices.
- BA in English, journalism, communications, or a related field.
- 2+ years working at a digital publication, media company, and/or digital marketing agency.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to construct storylines.
- Strong visual skills and confidence in presentation of materials to wide audience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, remote team environment with daily deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Instagram Business, and WordPress CMS essential.
- Ability to work outside of office hours when necessary to maintain social media presence.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within and manage budgets.
- Work with the digital editor to maintain a strong brand identity through all social media channels.
- Post daily to all social media channels.
- Develop ad and social media campaigns that leverage NUVO’s original content.
- Discover new and exciting trends and people working in the lifestyle space for future storylines.
- Develop graphics and layouts for social media feeds.
- Write weekly stories for nuvomagazine.com
- Pitch and write stories for NUVO’s quarterly print magazine.
- Develop and maintain a network of multimedia creators and storytellers to be part of NUVO’s extensive freelance team.
- Work with the digital editor to manage the digital editorial calendar.
- Implement weekly e-newsletter and strategize email campaigns.
Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com to be considered.
NUVO is the recognized leader in the prestige media marketplace and has been awarded both editorial and printing honours. NUVO’s most recent honours are listed below.
Folio: Eddie Awards
2019 Honorable Mention for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine, Fashion & Beauty for “Sport Mode” from the Spring 2019 issue.
2015 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
2014 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
Folio: Ozzie Awards
2018 Honorable Mention for Best Cover Design for Summer 2017 cover featuring Christina Ricci.
2017 Honorable Mention for Best Use of Photography for “Hunger for Gold” from the winter 2016 issue.
2008 Bronze Ozzie for Best Cover Design for the spring 2008 cover featuring Sandra Oh.
Digital Publishing Awards
Nominated for Best Personal Essay for “Family Circus” from NUVOmagazine.com, 2016.
Toronto Gallery of Superb Printing Awards
Gold Award for Superb Craftsmanship category for the winter 2015 issue.
P&G Beauty and Grooming Award
Finalist for Best Magazine Cover for the summer 2012 cover featuring Elijah Wood. Finalist for Best Art Direction.
Printing Industries of America’s Premier Print Awards
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the spring 2012 issue.
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the summer, autumn, and winter 2011 issues.
National Magazine Awards
Nominated for Best Still-Life Photography for “Neoteric” from the winter 2013 issue.
Nominated for Best Fashion Editorial for “Lucid Dreams” from the autumn 2013 issue.
Silver Award Winner for Best Still-Life Photography for “Propped” from the winter 2011 issue.
Western Magazine Awards
Finalist for Best Photographic Feature or Series for “Mirror Mirror” from the spring 2011 issue.
The Benny Award
Best Printed Magazine in North America.
Since its inception, NUVO has been committed to producing a high-quality magazine, in content and production. As an innovator in the magazine industry, NUVO upholds the core values of environmental sustainability.
NUVO is committed to working with our printing partner, Hemlock Printers, to remove virtually all aspects of environmental concern from the printing process and develop a system at the forefront of sustainable practices. This includes:
- Producing NUVO through a printer who is certified FSC Chain-of-Custody and Green-e, carbon neutral in its operations, and ranked second in Canopy’s Blueline Ranking of North America’s top printers for engagement on forest conservation and support of next-generation paper fibre solutions
- Printing NUVO with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper products guided by the printer’s comprehensive Ancient and Endangered Forest Purchasing Policy
- Reducing prepress waste (film and attendant chemicals) by using our printer’s CTP (Computer To Plate) system
- Utilizing alcohol-free presses with an environmentally friendly alcohol substitute and etch material
- Recycling blanket wash fluid and reusing 50 per cent of this liquid, with the remainder undergoing wastewater treatment
- Recycling NUVO’s work-in-process paper materials and printing plates
NUVO follows and engages with environmentally and socially responsible initiatives. Our in-office recycling program diverts materials from the landfill back into reuse. NUVO uses Mohawk Options paper that is 100 per cent FSC-certified and manufactured with renewable, nonpolluting, wind-generated electricity.