Inspired by quality, NUVO is a lifestyle magazine for the Canadian sophisticate. It is our mandate to create an editorial environment that is stimulating, evocative, entertaining and informative, and relevant to both the amateur and the connoisseur. The NUVO reader is the inquisitive, culturally aware, well-travelled urbanite who appreciates a blend of insight and entertainment. We share the NUVO reader’s discerning taste in travel, food and wine, film and TV, fashion, art, architecture, design, business, automobiles and music. NUVO features the finest in writing, photography, illustration, design and production. Our commitment to quality is essential to being a leader in the magazine industry. It is thus our assiduous intention to craft a magazine that is quite simply unlike any other.
Founder & Publisher
Associate Digital Editor
Digital Editorial Assistant
Digital Editorial Intern
Joshua David Stein
Director of Sales, Marketing & Circulation
National Account Executives
Audience Development Specialist
Audience Development Coordinator
NUVO is the recognized leader in the prestige media marketplace and has been awarded both editorial and printing honours. NUVO’s most recent honours are listed below.
P&G Beauty and Grooming Award
Finalist for Best Magazine Cover for the summer 2012 cover featuring Elijah Wood. Finalist for Best Art Direction.
Printing Industries of America’s Premier Print Awards
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the summer, autumn, and winter 2011 issues. Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the spring 2012 issue.
National Magazine Awards
Silver Award Winner for Best Still-Life Photography for “Propped” from the winter 2011 issue.
Western Magazine Awards
Finalist for Best Photographic Feature or Series for “Mirror Mirror” from the spring 2011 issue.
Bronze Medal Ozzie Winner for Best Cover Design for the spring 2008 cover featuring Sandra Oh. Silver Medal Ozzie Winner for Best Cover Design.
The Benny Award
Best Printed Magazine in North America.
NUVO magazine offers print and digital internships for qualified candidates looking to gain editorial experience. Editorial internships are full-time commitments offered for three- or four-month periods, and include an honorarium. Duties including fact-checking stories, attending editorial meetings, responding to reader queries, writing small articles for the magazine, story and/or photo research, and providing general administrative support. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. We have a limited number of positions, and priority is given to journalism students who must complete work-placement hours to obtain their degree or diploma. Please send a cover letter, resume, and appropriate writing samples or tears to:
3055 Kingsway Street
Vancouver, B.C., V5R 5J8
ATTN: Editorial Internships
Applications may also be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com with Editorial Internships in the subject line.
Since its inception, NUVO has been committed to producing a high-quality magazine, in content and production. As an innovator in the magazine industry, environmental sustainability and active social participation are core values that NUVO upholds.
NUVO is committed to working with our printing partner, Colour Innovations, to remove virtually all aspects of environmental concern from the printing process and develop a system that is at the forefront of sustainable obligations. This includes:
- Producing NUVO through an Ecologo ECP-58-94 Terrachoice Certified Printer (federal government standard) that is also Rainforest SmartWood Chain-of-Custody certified.
- Printing NUVO with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper products.
- Reducing pre-press waste (film and attendant chemicals) by using our printer’s CTP (Computer To Plate) System.
- Utilizing alcohol-free presses with an environmentally friendly alcohol substitute and etch material.
- Recycling blanket wash fluid and re-using 75% of this liquid, with the remainder recycled commercially.
- Recycling NUVO’s waste ink, paper materials and printing plates.
NUVO consistently strives to improve and promote socially and environmentally responsible initiatives.
- Annually, our in-office recycle program diverts approximately 54 cubic yards of materials from a landfill back into usage—the equivalent of 19,000 litres of water, 46 trees, or 11,000 kilowatts of electricity.
- NUVO has incorporated Mohawk Options paper for use in the corporate office. Mohawk Options is 100% FSC-certified paper and manufactured with renewable, non-polluting, wind-generated electricity.