Inspired by quality, NUVO is Canada’s premier lifestyle magazine, founded in 1998. It is our mandate to create an editorial environment that is stimulating, evocative, entertaining and informative, and relevant to both the amateur and the connoisseur. We share the NUVO reader’s discerning taste in travel, food and wine, film and TV, fashion, art, architecture, design, business, automobiles, and music, and feature the finest in writing, photography, illustration, design, and production in print and online.
Founder & Publisher
Digital Editorial Assistant
Joshua David Stein
Director of Sales, Marketing & Circulation
Audience Development Specialist
NUVO is the recognized leader in the prestige media marketplace and has been awarded both editorial and printing honours. NUVO’s most recent honours are listed below.
Ozzie Finalist for Best Use of Photography for “Hunger for Gold” from the winter 2016 issue.
Bronze Medal Ozzie Winner for Best Cover Design for the spring 2008 cover featuring Sandra Oh. Silver Medal Ozzie Winner for Best Cover Design.
Digital Publishing Awards
Nominated for Best Personal Essay for “Family Circus” from NUVOmagazine.com 2016.
Toronto Gallery of Superb Printing Awards
Gold Award for Superb Craftsmanship category for the winter 2015 issue.
Eddie Digital Awards
2015 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
2014 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (NUVOmagazine.com).
P&G Beauty and Grooming Award
Finalist for Best Magazine Cover for the summer 2012 cover featuring Elijah Wood. Finalist for Best Art Direction.
Printing Industries of America’s Premier Print Awards
Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the summer, autumn, and winter 2011 issues. Certificate of Merit in the Extremely High Quality category for the spring 2012 issue.
National Magazine Awards
Nominated for Best Still-Life Photography for “Neoteric” from the winter 2013 issue.
Nominated for Best Fashion Editorial for “Lucid Dreams” from the autumn 2013 issue.
Silver Award Winner for Best Still-Life Photography for “Propped” from the winter 2011 issue.
Western Magazine Awards
Finalist for Best Photographic Feature or Series for “Mirror Mirror” from the spring 2011 issue.
The Benny Award
Best Printed Magazine in North America.
NUVO magazine offers print and online editorial internships for qualified candidates. Internships are full-time, paid commitments offered for four-month periods, with preference given to students in an academic program requiring an internship. Duties include fact-checking stories, attending editorial meetings, responding to reader queries, writing, story and/or photo research, and providing general administrative support. Please note: NUVO does not have openings for interns at this time.
3055 Kingsway Street
Vancouver, B.C., V5R 5J8
ATTN: Editorial Internships
Since its inception, NUVO has been committed to producing a high-quality magazine, in content and production. As an innovator in the magazine industry, environmental sustainability and active social participation are core values that NUVO upholds.
NUVO is committed to working with our printing partner, Colour Innovations, to remove virtually all aspects of environmental concern from the printing process and develop a system that is at the forefront of sustainable obligations. This includes:
- Producing NUVO through an Ecologo ECP-58-94 Terrachoice Certified Printer (federal government standard) that is also Rainforest SmartWood Chain-of-Custody certified.
- Printing NUVO with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper products.
- Reducing pre-press waste (film and attendant chemicals) by using our printer’s CTP (Computer To Plate) System.
- Utilizing alcohol-free presses with an environmentally friendly alcohol substitute and etch material.
- Recycling blanket wash fluid and re-using 75% of this liquid, with the remainder recycled commercially.
- Recycling NUVO’s waste ink, paper materials and printing plates.
NUVO consistently strives to improve and promote socially and environmentally responsible initiatives.
- Annually, our in-office recycle program diverts approximately 54 cubic yards of materials from a landfill back into usage—the equivalent of 19,000 litres of water, 46 trees, or 11,000 kilowatts of electricity.
- NUVO has incorporated Mohawk Options paper for use in the corporate office. Mohawk Options is 100% FSC-certified paper and manufactured with renewable, non-polluting, wind-generated electricity.